Aims and ethos
At Birchwood School, we believe in putting the pupil at the centre of our provision, building on their emotional and social development as well as academic achievement.
Inspiring a better future
We aim to provide a nurturing environment where our values underpin all we do.
Potential – supporting young people to develop and fulfil their potential.
Achievement – achieving valuable skills for learning, skills for life and skills for work.
Growth – learning about ourselves to grow emotionally
Empowerment – encouraging a young person to believe in their own abilities.
We have high expectations of all of our students and believe that they will learn, feel safe, secure and positive about themselves if they have clear and consistent boundaries. The school follows a Behaviour for Learning Policy which promotes a positive ethos, helps pupils to fulfil their potential.
Young people are encouraged to follow the Birchwood Guidelines.
- Always interact positively with others (by being safe, kind, respectful, helpful, listening carefully and taking turns).
- Always be in the right place at the right time.
- Always follow staff instructions, including any special/additional rules for some activities.
- Always tell the truth.
- Always try hard with our work and homework.
- Always look after our own property and the property of others, including handing in any electronic devices at the start of each school day.
- Always move around the school site in a safe way or any other place we are visiting.
- Always let an adult know where we are.
- Always bring the equipment we need for each school day, including our uniform and PE kit.
- Always remember to display good behaviour outside of school.
The school’s behaviour shop is now open. What would you like to buy?